December 19

Technology Troubles & Author Tweet!

Sometimes technology in the classroom disappoints us and that’s frustrating for students and teachers alike. Especially when we have a brand new cart full of awesome GOOGLE Chrome Books to use for the first time but our school’s server doesn’t want to cooperate (personification!). But we won’t let that stop us from pushing forward with our research! It’s also hard to be too disheartened when the same technology did allow something cool to happen today!

I just shared with Block 4/8 that author Chris Lehman knows that we are using his text to guide our research methods. Thanks to the wonderful world of Twitter, which I am still learning how to use in the classroom, Lehman “retweeted” and “favorited” a “tweet” from another teacher here. And the author read it! We kind of feel a little special and famous today. 

Here’s a screenshot of our first five minutes of fame:
C.Lehman tweet

Maybe we can even get him to comment on our class blog! Stay tuned!

Tags: ,

Posted December 19, 2013 by Mrs. O'Brien in category Celebrity Authors, Chris Lehman, Nonfiction, Research, Writing Workshop

About the Author

Greetings! I'm Mrs. O'Brien! I teach sixth grade language arts for Loudoun County Public Schools in Northern Virginia. This is the classroom blog I created to share all of the fabulous things the students do in class with their parents, teachers, other students, and the entire blogosphere!