March 15

Random Parking Lot Finds

random sock in school parking lot

random sock in school parking lot

March Slice Challenge #14

I always come across the most random items when I walk across our school’s parking lot to get to my car at the end of each day. Today’s find was a lone sock. I always wonder how such random items appear in the parking lot. I imagine the story behind the item and try to picture the person who lost it. I always have the urge to put up a FOUND sign. Instead of a MISSING poster, I would advertise the object that I found, where I found it, and maybe if the item was truly missed, a reward would be offered. Just kidding about the reward part. 

But I do feel bad when people lose items because you never know if that item was a person’s favorite or maybe it was sentimental. Every parking lot should have a giant Lost and Found where good samaritans could drop any items like this. 

As for this blue sock, maybe someone reading this will recognize it, realize where they left it, and claim it. The sock and sockless owner will be reunited. 

One last thought…maybe the dryer doesn’t eat socks after all…maybe we just end up losing our socks mysteriously…in parking lots. 

Posted March 15, 2015 by Mrs. O'Brien in category March 2015 Slice of Life Challange

About the Author

Greetings! I'm Mrs. O'Brien! I teach sixth grade language arts for Loudoun County Public Schools in Northern Virginia. This is the classroom blog I created to share all of the fabulous things the students do in class with their parents, teachers, other students, and the entire blogosphere!